Cultivate is a novel potato variety developed by enhancing the popular Russet Burbank variety with the first generation of Innate® technology.
Cultivate is a dual purpose variety that can be used in fresh or fry processing markets. Cultivate has the following new traits: 1) reduced blackspot and darkening of raw tubers due to a reduction in the level of polyphenol oxidase (PPO) enzyme; 2) reduced asparagine resulting in less acrylamide in cooked potato products.
Benefits for Growers:
• 50% reduction in blackspot bruise compared to conventional Russet Burbank.
• Reduces the amount of acrylamide in cooked potato products by half compared to conventional Russet Burbank.
Cultivate potatoes are sold under the White Russet™ Brand in select supermarkets and restaurants.
White Russet™ fresh whole potatoes have several benefits for consumers looking for better-quality, more sustainable potatoes for themselves and their families. The benefits include:
- Better quality. White Russet™ potatoes have excellent quality throughout the length of the crop and significantly fewer blackspot defects than conventional Russet potatoes.
- Convenience. They stay white longer when cut or peeled so operators can prep them in advance for the breakfast, lunch, or dinner rush.
- Less food waste and more usable product. Ugly black spots are cut out and discarded in the kitchen. This adds up to an estimated 400 million lbs. of potato waste each year in the U.S. The White Russet™ helps alleviate this for operators who have sustainability goals.
- White Russet™ Fresh Potatoes – Sold in 3, 5, 8 and 10 lb. poly bags and 50 lb. boxes in 50 to 80 ct. sizes.
For more information on White Russet™ potatoes, please visit the website, www.whiterusset.com